Thursday, September 12, 2013

Text as an Element

I created my project on three rectangular pieces of plexiglass by writing three different stages of transportation on their respected piece with marker. Doing the three different layers created depth and represented the underground, land and sky levels transportation can be found at. After putting the marker on the frontI felt like the text needed more to it so I took paint pens and added white highlights to certain words to create more visual interest. When using plexiglass I was skeptical of the success of the project. I did not have much set expectations for how the piece was going to go so since I had never used it before I wasn't sure how accepting the two would be with eachother and if they would compliment eachother nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment